Search This Blog

Thursday 1 January 2009

Welcome, 2009

So everyone's welcoming 2009 in their jammies and in the comfort of their homes - those who didn't get storm-stayed where they celebrated NYE, that is. PEI has basically shut down on account of a major winter storm. I've heard someone refer to it as a "blizzarcane", with wind gusts reaching over 100km/hr, and expected snowfalls in the range of 40-50cms. Chris' parents are storm-stayed at the Rodd Hotel, and his brother in Stratford - both calling to see if Chris wanted to try out his new AWD in the snow. Not likely ;)...the plows have been called off the roads as of 6am, and the last time he looked, which was hours ago, he said the drift by the Element was up to the window. Lana called, and her car is completely buried. I was chatting with our neighbor, Wanda, and she's really worried about her cat...who hasn't been back home since going out last night at 7pm (before the storm started). I can't stop thinking of poor little BabyGirl...I sure hope she's hiding under someone's deck or something...

Last night Chris and I popped into Melissa & Grant's NYE party in Glenfinnan (awesome house guys....loves it! And Tanya & Jared...those bacon wrapped scallops were amazing!). We couldn't stay long, because we also were committed to going to Ebenezer to ring in the new year with Marco and Krissy. We shared a few bevvie's and laughs, and watched the countdown to midnight, and then Marco fired up the Wii and we all played a few racing games. By 1:30am the storm was getting going so we left then to ensure we got home safely. Had we stayed much longer I'm not sure how far we would've gotten. Regretfully I didn't take any pictures last night. I know, I suck.

So far we've watched some Forrest Gump on tv, and Dan in Real Life, and are about to put on 27 Dresses. We've not gotten out of our jammies, and the house is just a-rockin'. The angel atop my miniature tree is swaying each time there's a big gust, and the couches are moving. Chris made us a delicious homemade pizza for supper. No cabin fever for me. I love it :). Now I can only hope that the clean up tomorrow takes so long that I might be able to get just one more day off...and a super long weekend.
I hope you're all safe and sound in a warm, comfy place right now!

No comments: