Search This Blog

Saturday 10 January 2009

Q & A

How fun! I've just been emailed an 'interview' by a fellow blogger -Sizzle, from Sizzle Says. Sizz, I've read your entire blog; you've brought me to tears, you've had me laughing out loud, and you've had me getting in touch with my own deeper self after having read some of your posts. I interweb love you to bits!! Sizzle's original post can be seen here:

http://sizzlesays.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/call-answer/#comments

Without further ado ~

Questions:

1) Do you have a "happy place" and can you describe it for us? I'm a self-confessed 'home body', so I would dare say my "happy place" is my comfy couch, with a cozy blanket and my two kitties nestled in with me. I have either my laptop or a good book in my hands, and a steaming cup of coffee or tea by my side.

2) What's one food you simply cannot resist? Gosh so many...I recently started a New Years "goal" to try to eat healthier, and it's such a struggle! I'm a sucker for a lot of things, so I can't possibly narrow it down to just one food, so I will list a few of my all-time favourites: my Mom's homemade spaghetti; shrimp/feta/penne from Boston Pizza; chicken shawarma & Lebanese rice from Cedars (and only there, because anywhere else I've tried it cannot possibly compare); I looooooooooooorvvvve me some cheese - all kinds really, but have a true love relationship with havarti and those little mini Babybel things; and, no list is ever complete without chocolate, with Lindor truffles by Lindt being le creme de la creme for me :).

3) If you had to choose between these three options, which would you pick and why?

A) A weekend alone in a cabin with a roaring fire, a stack of books and your thoughts.

B) A weekend in Las Vegas full of debauchery and gambling with a friend.

C) A weekend at home with friends visiting.

Mmmm, option A without a doubt. It sounds fantastic, especially this time of year, after the busy-ness of the holiday is over and the economic strain that is Christmas --not to mention the economic state that everyone is facing....It's a scary world out there. I saw Suze Orman on Oprah the other day and she was advising everyone that they should have 8 months of savings soiled away for an emergency (ie, job loss situation). 8 months; as a girl living cheque by cheque and depending on overdraft before each cheque comes in, that terrifies the bejebus out of me.

4) What band/musician are you currently digging on the most? I'm a huge fan of Matt Andersen; he's a local artist from the Maritimes. Hailing from New Brunswick, he has a jazzy, bluesy, folksy flair that is unmatched by anyone. His guitar skills are amazing...

5) As a child, what was your favorite toy? Without a doubt, Ms. Barbie. I collected the latest Barbie every year, but I also collected furniture for Barbie. I had a whole house of furniture that I would set up in my bedroom and my friend Melissa and I would play for hours and act out soap opera-style drama amongst our dolls.

*****If you want in on this action, just follow these instructions:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me".

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. Be sure to link back to the original post.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: