Search This Blog

Monday 5 January 2009

A sad ending...

My heart hurts for the Bambrick family. Yesterday, the body of Kyle Bambrick, 18 years old, was found after a lengthy search by police and search groups. He'd left a New Years Eve party early Thursday morning and hadn't been seen since. I never met him, yet his face haunts me...I can't stop thinking about him. Perhaps I'm relating my own small walk from the car to our front door that very same morning. Reports advise he'd left at 3am. We'd arrived home an hour before he was seen leaving. We were glad we'd arrived home when we did...we sat in bed, watching TV, listening to the winds howl...remarking to ourselves that it was a good thing we did leave when we did as the storm just kept getting stronger and more fierce. It was the worst winter storm to hit the Island in years... I can't even fathom walking in those conditions for as long as he did. I hope that his family can find peace in the fact that he's been found - and comfort from the love of their family and friends. It's truly a horrific, tragic, unfortunate loss.

No comments: