Search This Blog

Monday 5 January 2009

Miniature Victories

I've not posted any 'resolutions'. I kind of did that on purpose. I'm just making a decision to try to make healthier eating choices. The weekend was a write-off when Chris and I devoured a large bag of ketchup chips between us on Saturday night. Therefore, today, January 5, 2009, I start. My first 'mini' goal (not 'resolution') is to eat better lunches. It has been the norm too frequently to pop out for a burger and fries on my lunch break...and that has to stop.

I ate a 'healthier' lunch today. I had a veggie wrap and 1% chocolate milk...and it was surprisingly good, and I'm stuffed. I'm thinking the only reason it was so 'good' was due to the fact that I smothered the greens & veggies with greek feta dressing. Baby steps - don't judge (how else would I be able to choke down those freakin' greens?).

So...day 1 to a 'healthier me'. Breakfast was oatmeal, and lunch was good...I picked up a little snack size hummus with flatbread snack crackers for break. I've not yet had a piece of chocolate. I'm celebrating my own little miniature victories today. That's not to say that I won't have a piece of chocolate today...I refuse to go cold turkey on that. I'm also meeting up with the girls at Tanya's tonight to watch the kickoff of the new Bachelor season...and Erin's threatening to bring snacks to rid her house of them....so I can't promise that I'll be a goodie for the entire day... Like I said...baby steps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dark chocolate has anti-oxidants and has other health-boosting qualities... I heard it on "The Doctors" today. Love that show