Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 January 2009

That's Entertainment

Chris and I went out shopping tonight - for more healthy eats at Sobeys, and then on to the Futureshop where we finally had enough gift cards gathered together to enable a purchase of a rather sexy home theatre system! It's a Yamaha receiver with Energy speaker set. After all the horded gift cards were accounted for, it turned into an $108.00 home theatre system! Sweet! The parts are just out of boxes now, and I can barely contain my excitement for the first movie we watch with it. It'll undoubtably blow my wee little Kenwood bookshelf stereo out of the proverbial water. The logistics are all very above my head technologically speaking, but Chris gyrated a few times while reading the manual. I'm unsure how a new stereo system will aid in my getting my lazy buttocks off the couch, but I digress...

We arrived home after 9pm, so by the time I finished putting the groceries away and cleaning the kitchen, American Idol was almost half over. Highlights from what I did see, however, include:
  • WTF kinda glasses is Paula wearing...I think I wore a pair like that in Industrial Arts class before operating a skillsaw or some such thing.
  • the dancing 'fro guy. It's really too bad he couldn't sing. I liked to see his 'fro wiggle.
  • the deeeeeeeeeeeeeep-voiced guy. I especially enjoyed his 'hee hee hee' laugh.
  • the bikini-clad bitch; who else out there wanted to slap the conceited smirk off her face?
  • "Sexual Chocolate" - a joke indeed, but it was stellar when the new judge (who is a little sassy isn't she?) said, "But you have a new car!", upon his (deserved) rejection.
  • he-who-teaches-himself-in-moldy-closet guy; he actually wasn't bad!
Should be a good season :)

No comments: