Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Hope on the Horizon

Today America swears in Barack Obama as their new President. It is history in the making. It is the start, hopefully, of positive change in the United States. It is a change which will, in turn, hopefully, lead to positive change throughout the world. A friend of mine sent me something that I felt worth sharing with all who might read this:

January 20th, 2009

Some day I may have the opportunity to tell my grandchildren (imagine {my sons} FATHERS) where I was when Obama became President of the USA. This is one day that will be in the history books. Today, I have such high hopes for this world and the people who live day to day within can make this a better place. Maybe peace can be obtained, maybe all children will go to bed with full bellies, maybe all moms and dads will see their children go to school. Maybe all people will join and become one. And maybe it all started today. But we must all come together, be kinder to one another, help those who don't have, lend a helping hand. Start by smiling at a stranger, hold the door for the person coming behind you, kiss your husband and children each day they leave their safe home, say thank-you to the girl working at Tim's and wave to your neighbor. So I'm going to start by saying what beautiful women you all are and I'm so blessed to have you as friends.

Thanks LA! You're beautiful too - and thank you for your kind words. I hope you don't mind me passing them along :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When watching the updates last night the most powerful comment came from a member of the crowd at the Mall in Washington. "He can't do this by himself." I think we are placing an awful lot of responsibility on this man's shoulders. I hope that people see this as an opportunity to change themselves to change the world.