Search This Blog

Monday 19 January 2009

How my day started today...

I work nights this week (which is enough to make a person cranky). I was very proud of myself for getting up early to make myself a good lunch, and I also had time to sweep and scrub the kitchen floor. I didn't do the living room - figured I'll tackle a room at a time this week.

I went to make myself an egg salad sandwich for lunch. I had the egg all diced up and ready to go, and went to the fridge to get a small dollop of mayo....there was no mayo. Someone finished it up and neglected to tell me that he had, so I didn't pick up a new jar when I was at Sobeys on the weekend. So I have dry hard-boiled egg in a tub with me, and will eat that with toast I guess.

I continued getting ready for work after putting together a lunch...and did it in record time - 10 minutes early, in fact. Upon perusing the house for both cats (something I always do before leaving for the day), I discovered a certain red & white domestic atop the TV stand. Staring at me. Almost proudly. I screamed at him to get down. He stared. I got the water bottle to spray him, he sat, still proud. I sprayed him. He winced, but didn't move. So, as I went to move him, by the scruff of the neck, I inadvertently knocked the hurricane lamp over in the process. It shattered into a bazillion little pieces.

There went those 10 extra minutes.

I rhymed off a few expletives in Bosco's general direction and proceeded to try to clean the mess up. I swept and vacuumed the floor, and I hope I got it all up. However, visions of one, or both, of my cats gagging on a sliver of glass will be with me all day.

The sweater I'm wearing today is also itchy.

I'm beyond cranky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a way to start your day! I hope it improved considerably since then. I'm sure the cats will be fine.