Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 January 2009

"Happy" Hump Day

Ok seriously...can I just have a re-do? So far today...

-I overslept
-spilled coffee all over my coat (the white one, no less)
-got to work to realize that someone had messed with my chair

Keep in mind that although it's Hump Day for most, for me, it's just another "Monday" on account of having yesterday off. Oversleeping was all my fault. If I had've left the snooze button alone, I would have been on schedule. The coffee...well, I just happened to dump my coffee all over me while getting into the car...spilling it on the sleeve and all over the left front side. For a split second I contemplated just going to work and worrying about it later, but you know how coffee stains...so I trotted back inside, got out the "Shout!", sprayed it all over the stains - dripping some on the floor in my haste, of course (and I'm hoping I got the drip spots all cleaned up so that Bosco doesn't lap it up like a delicious treat), and changed into my other coat. Of course this meant that I was also leaving home later than usual to even get to work. Thankfully I do have a backup coat, and I did manage to get in on time, but still. The chair...well that's another thing entirely.

We have dedicated work stations, so our desk and chair is our 'own'. If you have any concept of how long it takes to get the chairs at work where you want them, you'll understand. Is there not an unwritten rule somewhere, along the lines of Office Etiquette 101 or something to NOT mess with another person's chair? Common courtesy, even?? I don't even know yet if it is my chair or not. Before I arrived, my desk didn't have one, because whomever messed with it didn't put it back even. A co-worker moved what he thought was mine, back to it's place before my arrival. If it is mine, the seat has been lowered, the back support doesn't feel right...and it just added crank to an already cranky Amber!

Yeah, so can I get a re-do?

1 comment:

Carmen said...

If you get a re-do than so do I. This hump day is shaping up to be even worse than a Monday.