Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 in Review

Here we are, NYE...time to reflect on the year behind us, and look forward to the possibilities that lie ahead for the year in front of us. I can't say that I have any major regrets this year - aside from maybe not tackling my laziness, leading to my worse than ever health & physical state...but that's what resolutions are for, isn't it?

Some highlights of '08:

-Chris turned over a milestone birthday, finally joining the 30-club.
-PEI had a historic ice storm that resulted in major power outages in Western PE and a bajillion downed trees.
-A sad farewell to many people, including Heath Ledger & Paul Newman, and closer to home, Gwen, Jeff, Sid, Harold, and Nannie.
-It was a big year for Chris with regards to transportation - first a Honda Spree, and then a Honda Element. Quite a jump :)
-Gas was up as high as it's ever been, and finally, it's lower than it's been in years (and I have every appendage crossed that the trend will stay as it is now).
-I celebrated my first blogiversary...one whole year of consistent blogging. Betcha never thought I'd surpass a month? I even surprised myself.
-We befriended Steve & Wanda, our 'hood neighbors, and had many a summer night curled up by the summer fire, beer in hand.
-I attended my very first Matt Andersen concert, and it was love at first sight. We've followed him all over the Island, even catching a concert in CB.
-I'm the proud owner of my very own laptop, and I'm not sure how I lived and breathed without it before.
-We had two road trips - travelling to New Brunswick and the Hopewell Rocks, and Cape Breton to drive the Cabot Trail once more.
-I *finally* changed my hair.
-Christopher & I made it to 5 years, and counting...

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year :)

1 comment:

Martha-Anne said...

Such a great year you had!! And all the best in the New Year!

This storm is some way to ring it in, isn't it?