Search This Blog

Monday 12 January 2009

And how was YOUR weekend?

So I've had a week in with this new plan of mine to eat healthier. I've not deprived myself - when given an opportunity to have my favorite dish this weekend, I didn't opt out of it...but I have really been sticking to healthier lunches. I've been opting to bring my lunch as opposed to heading straight out to a burger joint (it's amazing what the mind will 'believe'...telling myself, 'oh it's a healthier alternative to order chicken fajitas at McDonalds'. Sure, maybe if I just had the fajitas and not the large fries that come in the combo!). So, kudos to me for a baby step. To become more accountable of what I fill my pie hole with, I've also started a new blog, aptly titled "Accountability Sucks", which, if you feel the need, you may access via my complete profile section on the left. It's pretty dry...and solely created as a means of me journaling my food intake, so I apologize if it lacks the witty content that you've come to love and expect :).

This past weekend went by pretty quickly. I had to work Saturday, so that didn't help the speed in which my free time quickly zapped. Saturday night after work Chris and I joined Marco and Krissy for supper at BP. After supper I jammied up and pretty much slept the evening away while Chris went out to play in the snow (it should go on record that earlier in the day I got an email from dear Christopher advising, "I'm fairly certain I have a cold"...and then 20 minutes later a more excited message, "Marco wants to go sleddin'!!!". Should a person who is getting a cold play on a snowmobile? I'm thinking a person getting a cold would be better off getting jammied up with some hot tea or Neo Citran and a warm blanket....but that's just me).

Sunday we finally de-Christmas'd the house... such a relief to have that done. Usually when the tree comes down I have this 'empty' feeling...like the house just doesn't look quite right, but this year, that empty feeling wasn't there. Now I just have to find homes for the new basket set Mom gave me for Christmas .... After cleaning up I made supper, and then we took a drive around town for about an hour. The sole purpose of the drive was to blast as much floor heat as possible...as my car floor was so moist that it was causing inside frost and freezing...NOT cool to have to scrape the inside of the windows... We took the car mats out on Saturday night and then the heat went on last night. I hope it works... so far so good... Midst car-drying we stopped at DQ for a sundae treat, and then headed back home to watch the Dragon's Den special on TV before calling it a night.

That's my weekend in a nutshell...Happy Monday, folks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot..I forgot all about the Dragon's Den special. Was it any good?

Amber said...

Hi Jeannette! Thanks for stopping by! The Den was good - but nothing like a real show. It was more of a compilation show, clips from the season, and the Dragons discussing their relationships with each other.