Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 January 2009

Things that make you go....er...hmmm?

I'm unsure if this is really, really creepy...or just really, really sad:

"Reborn" babies: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=6517455&page=1

"I take them out to the park, if I'm walking the dog, and maybe put it in its stroller, or put it in its sling, or hold it in a blanket, and people do think it's real...You're, like, all happy and proud, 'cause they're, you know, googling over your baby."

A life-like doll. Apparently, it's a growing phenomenon in the US and overseas...they even put on conventions. The article goes on to advise that these 'reborn' babies/dolls cost anywhere between $500.00 and $1400.00 each, and some purchase several.

I've never been in a position where I've desperately wanted a baby and couldn't have one; and, Lord knows I'm in no way shape or form trying to diminish the sorrow and pain that comes with a miscarriage...but really...psychologically speaking...how can this be theraputic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really disturbing. "For people who can't have children and don't have the resouces to adopt.." I think there are better therapies out there then creepy dolls. Become a foster parent, volunteer, something other then buying a doll.