Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 January 2009

There'll be no kisses from me....

Holy Diabolical Mother of JAYSAS...

Words cannot express the utter pain I am in at this very second...

I just got back from boiling some water for tea...I have it in my new travel mug with the super duper lip on it for easy drinking. I was very much looking forward to my tea. It's a bit chilly in the office so I thought it'd warm me up nicely, along with offering me the healthy benefit that is green tea.

I was mid-conversation with a customer...went to take a sip of said tea...I wasn't getting anything so I tipped the mug back a tad (just a teensy, weensy bit) ...all of a sudden, the boiling hot lava-like liquid shot through the teeny tiny drink hole like a tsunami and covered my upper lip and tongue. I felt my lip stick to the lip of the cup...reminiscent of sticking one's tongue on a doorknob on a cold winter day. I believe the skin on the lip is a tad more sensitive than one's tongue, however...

{Insert extreme expletives and feet stomping here...all in my head, of course, as I had to continue said conversation with said customer, as though nothing had happened...}

My lip started to feel funny (well duh, Amber...it's burning like a mo fo!)...I felt like my lip gloss was all gunked up or something...so I put my customer on hold, and rubbed the spot...and my skin came with it. An instant blister from the boiling hot, effing tea.

*whimper*

I now have a burning hole in my upper lip, a full mug of tea that I can't drink. I won't be able to taste for a week, and I'm talking with a lisp from the gargantuan hole in my effing face.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that must have hurt! If it was me, you would have heard me from one end of the office to the other.

Martha-Anne said...

Wow!!! That is awful!!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOH NOOOOOO!! That sucks, and I hope it's better really soon!! I slipped and fell this morning on my way to my car, and laid there, flat on my back, for a few moments in an icy puddle, before finally hobbling back to my apartment. Hope that makes you feel a little better!

Anonymous said...

XO hope you feel better soon!

Amber said...

Thank you for your concern girlies xox. I think I'm on the mend and am carefully sipping from the same cup. I'm unsure if I'll make tea just yet 'tho.