Search This Blog

Saturday 15 September 2007

Looking right at you but not hearing a thing you say...

Happy weekend. Had a lovely time last night with the girls. We met up at Lana's for a pot-luck and gab session. We munched on hummous, chicken wings, puffed pastries with cheese, and some boiled up pork pieces that I did try, but wouldn't eat again. (Lana will hate me for referring to them that way. They weren't exactly 'finger food', no, but I'm still unsure how one would eat them delicately). And finally to top off the food we ended with slivers of yummy cake. We reminisced, talked about current events, and looked at each other in wonderment at how we 'survived' (and we all declared something that came out of our teen years - from teenage pregnancy to multiple sexual partners). It was a hoot. Thanks ladies - when can we do it again?

So on the schedule for this evening - hmm...good question! I won tickets to tonight's Hip concert. They had a contest going on at work, and amazingly enough, I was the winner. However, I am not a Hip fan, so I really don't want to go to the concert. I ended up giving them to a co-worker - he felt he couldn't just 'take' them, so agreed to give me $40. I have to admit that the $40 will certainly come in handy with pay day so far away. So now that I know what I'm not doing...it's up in the air what I will do. As far as I know, Chris will be gone til late with the Shellfish Festival (say that fast 5 times). I should do some house-cleaning so I can relax tomorrow. Maybe I'll treat myself to take-0ut and a girlie movie. Hmmph - there goes that $40.

No comments: