Search This Blog

Saturday 22 September 2007

Catch-22 Day

There's a real Catch-22 thing about working on a Saturday - it's great having a day off through the week, as not only does that give you a break in the 5 day work week cycle, it also gives you an opportunity to have time off to do things like banking, appointments, etc, that you can only do during the Monday-Friday timeframe. Also, where I work, Saturday is a much more slow- paced day, with fewer staff in and the 'big wigs' aren't here...so a much more relaxed atmosphere. However, at the same time, working on a Saturday means forsaking a 2-days in a row weekend, which, frankly, my system needs to get regularly. It also means missing a much-needed sleep-in day - when my body pretty much knows it's supposed to be a 'sleep-in' type day.

*sigh* I'm working today, and I'm tired. I'm now starting coffee #2, and I have to admit, Mr. Horton got it right TWICE in one day. Wow. That's for the record books. I survived yesterday, but it never got any better. The chocolate didn't even help (you know it's bad when....). To offset the day of a$$, I opted for some retail therapy once the work day finally ended. I had a 50% off coupon from Michaels that I just could not let go to waste. So I purchased some Making Memories rub-on doodles at 1/2 off, some awesome Bohemia papers at 3 pieces/$1, and a box of cards for the sale price of 40% off. Great deals!! Already I was starting to feel a bit better :). I then popped over to Old Navy since I was right there...saw the CUTEST Halloween costumes for your PET! Bosco would look soooo cute as the spider, and Zoe'd make a fine little cow-girl...but the intent was really for a dog...they seem to let you do more stuff to them than a cat...and the XX-small spider was gone anyway. Still super-cute, but I didn't buy one. I did leave there with the cutest little purse for only $5.99! Still unsure whether to gift it to my neice or keep it myself. I mean, it was only $5.99, so I think I should just keep it. Some people are 'shoe people'....I'm 'purse people'. Heh.

After work I'm heading over to Angela's and we're going to scrap! Looking forward to that...hopefully my thoughts will be inspired with ideas for some class pages.

No comments: