Search This Blog

Thursday 13 September 2007

"Death Sentence" was LIKE a death sentence....

Oh Melissa, I deeply apologize for my movie choice. All I could say as the credits rolled and we stumbled out of the theatre was, "WTF??!?". It was horrible. Terrible. Awful. We didn't get up and leave, at least it was enough 'suspense' for us to at least wonder how it would end, but dear Jebus. To set the setting, picture skinny, pale, whiteboy Kevin Bacon in a Terminator-esque role. Bizarre image, isn't it? Mmm. Yeah. I researched it on IMDb first, and it showed it to have a rating of 7.2/10. Then I found this review, which is much more on par with reality:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2007/08/31/2007-08-31_kevin_bacons_death_sentence_is_all_ham_a-1.html

My favorite line in the review is the opening sentence, "Throughout his prolific career, actor Kevin Bacon has never been acknowledged with a major award. But if there is any justice, he'll soon have a Golden Raspberry on his mantel. "

Don't waste your time or your money. Despite it all, Melissa & I both had some laughs, though possibly seen as inappropriate laughs, by some other theatre-goers, but come on. Kevin Bacon as a single-handed vigilante out to clean up the streets? We both expected him to start dancing to the tune of "Footloose" as he took off running down the streets.

No comments: