Search This Blog

Monday 17 September 2007

Bleeding from old wounds...

Ever wake up from a restless, dream-filled night, where you were angry in your dreams, and you wake up pi$$ed off at the world? I'm having one of those days. I really don't think I slept much at all...aside from maybe the the final hour before my alarm went off. Needless to say, I feel like crap, and it's taking everything inside of me to last out the day. I'm hungry, I need coffee, everyone I deal with today is cranky....bah!

First thing this morning I brought up our local newspaper's website. First section I go to is Deaths. Why is that, anyway? We get 'older' and the first thing we do is check out who isn't around anymore? Anyway...discovered a co-worker's father passed away on the weekend. He was young - 55 - cancer. Seeing that and knowing exactly what he's going through just added sadness to the crankiness of the day. *sigh*.

So I went for lunch...first stopping at the pet store for more cat food...while there I ran into Jimmy Mac...hadn't seen that boy since that summer he, Julie, Teddy & myself went out go-carting, mini-golfing and then out for ice cream. That was years ago. I had heard from Teddy & Julie that he'd met a girl and had lost a ton of weight. Holy CRAP...if he hadn't have spoken first I never would have known it was him. He looks fantastic. After getting the pet food and shooting the proverbial sh!t with Jimmy for a moment, I opted for a veggie/fruit platter for lunch, as opposed to the greasy cheeseburger I so craved. :S God give me some willpower.....

No comments: