Search This Blog

Monday 7 July 2008

Walkin on sunshine....

Good grief, is it Monday already? The weekend went by in a blur, but I'll try to recap the important things:

-Lana left for Quebec - she's gone for 5 weeks. I will miss her dearly, and hope she has a tremendous time au Quebec, yet still manage to stay in touch with me :)
-After a supremely bad day at work on Friday, that evening I had a mini-meltdown - thank you to Chris for picking up the pieces, and staying true to me even when I'm a bit of a psycho. He went to the beer store for me, picked up a pizza for supper, and we enjoyed a late supper and a few beers after said 'meltdown'. Beerapy is a great thing :).
-Saturday we slept in, then headed into town to enjoy the lovely day (while it was still really 'hot' temperature wise, the humidity was a little lower - so much more enjoyable). We had a coffee at Cafe Diem, then headed toward the Confed Centre, sat for a song or two with Joseph, and then people-watched on Victoria Row til we got hungry. We headed to the Gahan for supper, then home to light a fire in the chiminea. It was a really good day :).
-Sunday, we enjoyed a very 'lazy' summer Sunday, starting out on the deck, then moving over to Steve/Wanda's deck. I was a complete idiot, neglecting a full slather of SPF, and I regret it immensely now. I tan eventually, but it usually takes a few good burns, and I have one now. Yes, the Darwin Award for July goes to yours truly. After 'decking', we then headed to get a bite to eat (too hot to cook (rephrase to: too hot to clean kitchen to then start to cook)), then headed for a drive down around Covehead/Grand Tracadie, and looping back to Jewel's Country Market for a stroll through their greenhouses, enjoying a larger-than-expected ice cream.

All-in-all, a very relaxing weekend...only wish we could have had just one more day...but then again, what weekend ever passes where we don't look for one more day? Happy Monday, folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just getting caught up on your blog. I'll promise to be a faithful reader the whole time I'm away!! I'll even do a thunder dance for you - since I'm not there, it can thunder all it wants!!
Missin' you!!
L.