Search This Blog

Thursday 3 July 2008

Thank you for calling, this is Ms. Crabby, how can I help?

Now, now, before you get all nasty at me for cursing the summer weather - hear me out. I enjoy summer; I enjoy the feel of the sand betwixt my toes as I walk along the edge of the water; I enjoy warm summer evenings, sitting out on the deck with a drink; I enjoy sitting outside, drinking in a bit of vitamin D on occasion; I enjoy summer weather. It's the HUMIDITY that I loathe. Give me a nice sunny day with highs of 21 - 23 degrees Celcius, free of humidity, and I'm a happy camper. I might even smile a little wider - there may even be a noticeable spring in my step... but when the humidex is ranging in the high 30's to a 40 degree range, I'm an utter biotch. Herein, we have today...........

Seriously, WHEN is this effing humidity going to break? I'm tired of sticking to everything. I'm tired of everything I touch being damp. I'm tired of that disgusting stench on the towels. I'm tired of sweating profusely from not doing ANYTHING. I get major headaches in this weather; headaches that make me feel nauseous and dizzy. My knee swells up - it's painful, and by times I can barely walk. I feel like someone is sitting on my chest when I walk outside... It's bad. And there's no way a person can feel all that I've just described and not be crankier than the day is long... To add insult to injury, people greet me in the hallway with a big smile, "isn't it beautiful/wonderful/gorgeous/lovely outside?"; I smile sweetly and mumble an indiscreet, "mmm", yet inside, I want to deck them. Inside, I'm doing the biggest raindance in my head, praying and begging for a big thunder/lightning storm to try to clear the air.

No comments: