Search This Blog

Sunday 13 July 2008

Feeling my age...

So the weekend didn't turn out completely as I'd planned. Friday night we did end up at Kim & Kevin's place (we call it the Pepperoni Palace because they introduced us to the deliciousness of fried up pepperoni - a great little snack with a few sociables :)). We had a lovely time catching up with them - and Kim & I enjoyed a few glasses of wine. When I left, I knew I couldn't drive...but I didn't think I'd had that much...until the next morning, that is.

Yesterday, I just felt like poo all day...I'm just not as young as I once was!! So, my Saturday became the 'do nothing day' that I'd mentioned I wanted this weekend. I missed going to the races, but it was sorta nice to just vegg on the couch with the kitties. Congrats to Wiggy who won her first race though - sorry I missed it. After my 'chillaxin' doin' nothin' day yesterday, though, I do hope to get out of the house today for a bit. Chris is a at a shoot right now, and we're supposed to head to Cavendish when he returns. I hope he's hungry, because I haven't had breakfast (my initial delight that I'd had just enough milk for a bowl of cereal quickly turned into repulsion as I took my first spoonful, realizing that the milk had soured...*GAG*)...so I'm hoping to convince him to head to Maggie's for a good 'ol fashioned breakfast before our day.

Another thing that did NOT get done, and likely will not, is of course, the housework......rolling tumbleweeds of cat hair are all over the house...stuff is piling up on every available surface....and of course the laundry is a behemoth in the corner. I can't stay in all day today though - it's just tooo nice outside. See? I told you I enjoy the summer...it's a warm day, in the low 20's - the humidex is low, and it's LOVELY...and I can't wait to get out in it.

On another note, wishing one of my avid readers a very happy birthday today. Happy BD Jodi! I hope you have a fantastic, relaxed day...you totally deserve it :) *hugs*

No comments: