Search This Blog

Monday 14 July 2008

Everyday Annoyances

I never claimed that every post on "My Happy Place" would be happy (and frankly, if you can't take the complaining, then why're you readin'? :P). I do claim, however, that this blog serves as an avenue for me to vent. Being a typical "Monday" I find myself in a rather 'complainy' mood, therefore why not vent a spell?

Herein, I give you a list of some of my most common, everyday, annoyances:
  1. rude, demanding people...I'm here to help you...if you're nasty, that just makes me want to help you less.
  2. hearing a person breathing into the phone as they talk...it just conjures up mental images that I do not wish to have. At all.
  3. talking to people who are unsure of their own name. Seriously...why're you here anyway??

  4. hearing people chewing their gum...there are ways to chew it quietly...practice it or spit it out. Gum snapping also falls into this category.

  5. hearing people suck and chew on a candy or ice cube - slurping, smacking and crunching...really IS there a need??

  6. loud eaters....as I type, someone in my midst is REALLY enjoying a bag of chips...and to stop myself from twitching, I had to blog about it.

  7. people interrupting me or talking over me

  8. how shirts/sweaters shrink "up" & expand "out" after washing...a terrible malady when you're a 'big girl'.

  9. improper use of words when trying to sound 'intelligent'; for example, I spoke with a person who was trying to put on heirs...saying the phrase, "it's a mute point". Fail.

  10. bra bands and wiring

  11. tight underwear elastic

  12. this might be TMI, and I apologize in advance ...but the upper thigh area 'rubbing'. Being voluptuous, my thighs are generous, so they get to know each other well...and well, um, it chafes, and it's very uncomfortable.

  13. two-faced people. I'd prefer a person didn't befriend me at all as opposed to being so sweet to my face, yet being the opposite behind my back.

  14. bugs! anything that crawls, slithers, buzzes, stings or flits around.

** This list has been on on-going compilation of annoying things that have happened to me over the course of a few months. I'm not always this bitter about life, but I figured the list had grown enough to warrant it's own post, finally. Moreover, the waist band of my skirt is cutting into me, I have a head ache, and I fear perhaps a sore throat is beginning?

Tell me, what bothers YOU?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People who think they know more then you and they correct you - incorrectly. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it bugs the sh*t out of me!
People who give way too much personal information when you first meet them.
People who continue to call you by the wrong name after you have corrected them several times - I am not Kelly!!
Hmmm, my list could begin to get as long as yours, but as this is not my blog space, I'll leave you to your vents.