Search This Blog

Saturday 26 July 2008

Matt A-mazing-ndersen

Chris and & I went to see Matt play at the Emerald Junction Summerfest last night in Emerald. It was phenomenal. Words fail
at expressing the time I had, really. The more I see this man play, the more I love him. Every song he played was the caliber of an 'encore' performance - that is, until he did come back for his encore, where he had the whole crowd on their feet, singing at the top of their lungs, to 'Wagon Wheel'. It was a very warm, humid night, and repeatedly, I'd catch myself with goosebumps listening to him, in awe. Joy and Kent were there too, and Joy sat next to a guy who'd not yet seen Matt before last night. When Matt started, she said that he commented, "Wow this guy is almost as good as Jimi Hendrix"....a few songs later, the guy changed his mind, claiming, "No, this guy is better than Jimi Hendrix!"

Mere words can't sum the experience up; he must be seen in person, to be truly appreciated. For any of my readers who have not yet witnessed the true talent, showmanship, amazement, and true humbleness, do yourself a favor and check him out at the next opportunity you have. For my PEI readers, he is playing again at the Indian River Festival on August 22. As you may already guess, we have our tickets bought :). His website has updated tour date information, so keep an eye out.

Shout out to Colleen B from New Brunswick! Not only did I have a fantastic time, but I met a new friend at the concert! I would have to say that Colleen might very well be Matt's number one fan? She's not only a personal friend of Matt's, but she also follows him wherever he goes. I'm just a tad jealous of her experiences.

Here are a few photos from the night:

No comments: