Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 July 2008

The Top 10

At long last, my thoughts on CI - I know you've been waiting with bated breath, haven't you? The numbers were just too high to commentate before they whittled them down to 10. So, without further ado.....

The theme of the night was the music of David Bowie, which immediately turned me off because I am.NOT.a.D.B.fan...at all, and Zach looked terrifying (ie, ridiculous) with that eye makeup.

1) Drew Wright - the one with the pretty eyes -singing "Five Years" ~ not bad, not fantastic - have to agree with Farley that it wasn't a good idea to sit down and play the drums, but I did enjoy looking into those purty eyes :).
2) Adam Castelli - "Rebel Rebel" ~ meh - anyone else think the ride up on the motorcycle was a ploy for votes? Uh, buddy - it's a singing competition.
3) Mark Day - "Dancing in the Streets" ~ How did I know that he'd pick THIS song?? Ok - if you close your eyes really really tight and don't let any of the tv light come in it might be better.....nah. His time has come to an end...and he looked completely ridiculous twirling around. I totally enjoyed the judges commentaries on the performance, however. Poor Mark...
4) Mookie Morris - "The Man who Stole the World" ~ this is probably the only song I enjoy from David Bowie....and Mookie did it justice. I enjoyed it a lot.
5) Amberly Theissen - "Space Oddity" ~ I love her voice...she did great -not quite sure why (most of) the judges had an issue with the performance.
6) Sebastian Pigott - "Let's Spend the Night Together" ~ 'you pooped the bed'...quote from Zach...that about sums it up.
7) Earl Stevenson - "Rock and Roll Suicide" ~ not my thing. Another 'meh'.
8) Katherine St-Laurent - "Cat People" ~ reminiscent of Pat Benatar - she sounded ok - I didn't like the song, but her performance seemed strong.
9) Theo Tams - "Silly Boy Blue" ~ great job...love him.
10) Mitch MacDonald - "Moonage Day Dream" ~ kinda screechy, but then again, it was a David Bowie song. It wasn't the worst of the night though.

Going home...ciao Marky -it's been a slice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that I am missing all tihs great t.v. - no CI, no BB, no So you think you can dance - no English TV at all. Could you just cry for me??