Search This Blog

Thursday 24 July 2008

Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business

So Chris and I went out last night to get ice cream - and came home with a tent.

En route to the ice cream store, Chris wanted to return a shower-head that he had bought at Canadian Tire. Outside, they had 5 tents on display. Clearance tents - discounted between 50 - 66% off. Those who know me will know that I'm not what you'd call a ...'camper'... I don't like bugs. I don't like 'roughing' it....I very much enjoy the amenities of a full service bathroom 3 paces from my bed when I travel. However, with the cost of everything these days, a person really should consider camping as an alternative lodging experience if one wishes to travel (and I really like a good bargain!). So I suggested (yes, it was my idea - about a month or more ago, long before I saw the clearance area) that we consider the purchase of some camping equipment when it was discounted at the end of the season, to prepare for further 'vacations'. A $299.00 tent on sale for $99.00.....hard not to agree on that....and it's GINORMOUS! We also "had" to get an air mattress...one condition to my agreement to camp was the purchase of an air mattress...since "I am not sleeping on the ground". When's the first camp-out, you ask? To be determined, but rest assured, there'll be pics to post :).


Oh - and by the way, we did stop at Sobeys and picked up some ice cream .....we found this new one to try...and it was freaking delicious!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to go camping with you!!! I'm so excited - campfires, s'mores and drinks!! Whoo hoo

Anonymous said...

Oooh, did you try the Ben and Jerry's One Cheesecake Brownie?? I'd marry it if I could.