Search This Blog

Friday 25 July 2008

Oh the vanity!

Many thanks to those who sent messages (and Lana, for your comment!) re: my hair dilemma. For the most part, the Katie Holmes 'do wins top choice, and the Julia Stiles one is a close runner. I played around with a 'Hair Mixer' application last night, and came up with these nasties ...obviously it's not a very intuitive program, as it doesn't allow you to really line up the proper angle of the photo you're adding your own face to, but it's a bit of an idea. Photo 1 is the Julia Stiles shot; the 2nd is a photo that had been very similar to the Katie Holmes bob - the bangs are wrong, and the sides don't come down to where they're supposed to, and I think I look HORRIFIC; and finally, the third is Kelly Clarkson's bob. Obviously I don't have enough hair to pull off #3, but maybe over time if I start with #1?

I think I'll take Julia in with me to show my hairdresser. The cut on Tuesday may yield nothing like the picture, because as it stands now my hair isn't that long - and it's got a lot of layers. At least it is a step in the direction of 'change' :).

This is a huge step for me, folks...I've had the same 'style' for years...I put in too much time to get it to the point that it is when I leave in the morning...and I use a lot of product. I'm the poster child for 'high maintenance'. I have fears of tirelessly fumbling with the curling iron, hair paste, rollers, etc to try to recreate my old look on any style she may try on me.... here's hoping. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still like #2!!