Search This Blog

Monday 14 April 2008

The Weekend in Pictures....

So a busy weekend behind me. Friday night after work, my brother Todd & I took in the April Wine concert in Summerside at the Jubilee. It's my third time seeing the band, and, like always, they didn't disappoint. They sang favourites spanning back from the 70's onward, to include a song from their very latest CD. Jerry Mercer also wowed us with his drum solo. I can only sum it up into one word - amazing... And to make it even more amazing ...check out his age...two weeks from turning 69! Myles also explained the work the band has done to support/raise funds for the Juvenile Diabetes Association...a cause near and dear to his heart, as his 11 year old son was diagnosed 2 years ago with the disease. A very touching moment was having him share a song he'd written for his son, after having just heard about his diagnosis. Unfortunately, pictures were not allowed at the venue, so I only have a pre-concert photos to share. The band includes PEI on their tour every year - so next year, head on down and see them. You won't be disappointed (though you may wanna bring ear plugs...they like to rock...and they like to rock loudly!!).



On Saturday, Chris and I attended Jared's 30th birthday party at the Mason residence. We had a blast...from hearing about Grant's 'banana' story, to watching Jared trip down memory lane with some old friends. I must thank him, also, for his generosity...sharing the birthday vodka and lime rickey :). It really was just like a green lollipop. Happy birthday, big guy...welcome to the 30's!!!

Sunday, after a glorious sleep-in, Chris and I shared a simple breakfast of peanut-buttered toast, and then headed to Summerside to pick up his latest method of transport.....an 85 Honda Spree... With the cost of gas where it is, people are apt to just about do anything to save a few dollars...hence, here we are. He says he's going to paint it black and name it "The Sloth"...tapping out at 60kms/hr at maximum speeds...possibly 50 or so with someone *ahem* over the weight restriction using it. It was quite portable, really...fitting quite nicely in the back of the Suburu (with room to spare, even!). But, I had to laugh just a touch when I saw him atop the beast.... He looks like a Shriner atop the pocket bikes at the Gold Cup parade! As I took a few photos (yes, if you're wondering, the pics are on our front deck!), I asked him to turn the wheel toward me, but he couldn't, claiming, "I can't...my knee gets in the way"....

The ignition key looks like a luggage key doesn't it? ;)

And how was YOUR weekend!!?

No comments: