Search This Blog

Friday 25 April 2008

TGIF!

Attempt #2 at a post for today. My first one even had a picture...but I kinda got carried away when I was backspacing my original text, and *poof* I backspaced the picture right off the window...and that "autosaving draft" option ate up the change faster than I could blink. So here we are, picture-less. I will likely come back and add the pic if you're that interested in seeing it. [Update: here it is] Actually, it's rather entertaining - the picture was what we woke up to this morning...a picture of our patio chairs on the deck...with about 5cms of snow on them. On April 25. After we had a balmy high of 17 degrees at one point last week. It's gone now, but still.

Gas prices went up again last night. An increase of 6.7 cents/litre. An increase of 12 cents in a week. The next adjustment is due for May 1. Today on my lunch break I heard a news report on the radio advising "relief is not in sight yet"...with an estimate of prices expected to reach levels of $2.20/litre in 2012?? Why don't they all just ask us to bend over? It's just disgusting. Political leaders encourage the public to use public transit systems and to buy more fuel-efficient cars. It just makes me cranky. Chris' scooter is looking more and more attractive daily!

TGIF -- I've been exhausted all day...woke up feeling as though I hadn't slept ...but I did...looking VERY forward to a girls night with Lana tonight. We're going to munch on some nacho chips, gab like the best of 'em, and it's very possible that a little bit of wine will be consumed :). Pack your over-nighty bag, girl....my couch is really comfy!

Tomorrow, I have the daunting task of actually finishing and filing my taxes *sob*, scrubbing the bathroom, many loads of laundry, and dusting if I have any energy left. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, folks!

No comments: