Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Shifts Happen

So I'm working another week of nights this week. Can't really complain - we all have our turn. It just seems it comes around so quickly. Not to mention some 'required' overtime that we have to do next week after working a week of nights. But I'm not complaining. I am, however, using this week's schedule as my excuse for not starting my 'exercise routine'. After much thought and deliberation, I've decided that, at least while the weather is good, I will try to go for walks around the hilly 'hood. I might even take Chris' bike out for a spin around the 'hood too. What is that saying when you fear you forget how to do something "...it's like riding a bike..."? I might just be putting that saying to the test, folks. I'll let you know. I joked with Chris that he and I could ride together...me on his bike, and he on his scooter. Tee hee. In all seriousness, to fork out more money for a gym membership after having just completed my taxes....blarg... can't do it. Not at this moment, at least. Does it count that I walked to the grocery store on my lunch break today and yesterday and the better part of last week? We'll not mention how close the store is. We'll also not mention that I ate the better part of a bag of ketchup chips last night after work.

*ahem*

As you were.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

apparently you've stopped match making, because I'm now all caught up on your life. How sad is it that I have to read your blog for that to happen...? Anyway..
AI - Jason MUST go - boy sucks wad (and apparently you've never heard the original of "what a wonderful world/somewhere over the rainbow" if you thought he did a good job of it. Bottom two for me tonight -Brook and Jason and I really hope Jason leaves!!!
Hope all is well. How does coffee sound on Friday?

Amber said...

I'm delighted you can see my blog again :).

Coffee Friday sounds grand...but I work til 8:45pm...that ok?

Anonymous said...

Not a problem. It will allow me to get some school work done first.
Call me tonight if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

PS - Anytime you want to go for a bike ride, let me know - I'll join you. After the snow melts that is!