Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Belated Weekend Update

More sad news to report - I found out today that a former co-worker of mine passed away Monday as well. He was 29 years old. There aren't a lot of details surrounding his passing as yet, but there is a possibility it was related to his diabetes. I didn't even know he was diabetic. He liked to party (I can still hear him scream out his "oooWW" as he did when he talked about his weekend, or the upcoming weekend). Sad stuff. Rest in peace, Jeff...you lived life as you wanted - you appeared to live with no regrets - so many people will miss you.

*sigh* .... it been a very melancholy week. I can't attend my friend's sister's wake or funeral on account of working nights this week. Friday marks the 6 year anniversary of Dad's death. I'm TRYING to stay positive, but some days it's hard.

Let's recount my weekend...that's more positive stuff to talk about... Friday night I gathered together with my "bench gang" friends...all except Lori in attendance. We got a few munchies and sat around at Lana's where we talked and laughed for hours. It was awesome. I really wish we did that more often. We always end up reminiscing - seems like a part of 'what we do'. This time we even got out some old yearbooks and really reminisced. I laughed so hard I almost peed on more than one occasion. Thank you, thank you, my dear friends....it's always a pleasure. Lori - I hope you're feeling better, and next time, we'll have to be sure we're all there.

Saturday, Angela & I got up bright and early and headed to Summerside to the Paper Attic. Word had been out that a number of new product items were in, so we took advantage, each buying some new grunge board, sewing templates, and a few delicious papers. I also picked up a really cute camera bag from Autumn Leaves that I couldn't pass up. After heading back into town, we then headed to Boston Pizza for some munchie-lunch, and then on back to her place to craft for the afternoon. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to craft, but I did have the opportunity to cut & mount all my SU stamps that had been accumulating in my craft room. I also began the daunting task of cleaning/organizing my craft room. It's not quite done, but when it is, I will post pictures.

Sunday I should have finished cleaning my craft room. I probably should have started getting my tax papers together, and I really should have done some laundry, but I did none of those things. The TV was too attractive...starting my day off with some Gilmore Girls, Felicity and Judging Amy...followed by a few movies - The Duplex, and Bewitched. Where would I have fit any cleaning/organizing in there? And we all know the evening on Sunday is also for TV too...with Big Brother :). And speaking of BB - those who tune in regularly, I do hope you didn't miss last night's episode, with the drama between James and Sheila. Sheila is the most two-faced of any BB player I've watched...and I can't understand how she is still in the house. I was thrilled that James pulled off the PoV.

No comments: