Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 April 2008

The Top 7 - Where's the Beef?

I was so busy posting about all these life changes I nearly forgot about AI last night! I puked in my mouth a little when I heard they'd be singing Mariah Carey songs. My personal thoughts of Mariah aside, she did well as a mentor for the group. I still loathe her songs. So, here's my thoughts...I'm going to try to make it short & sweet:

DavidA - typical; could imagine it on a Disney soundtrack. Sorry, lil one...I'm just over you.

Carly - I love the Nilsson version, and I like Carly...I wasn't overly impressed when she started hitting the high notes, ergo my aversion to Mariah (did I just type "ergo"??). I didn't love it.

Syesha - oh how lucky for her that she could pick a song and do all those high-pitched runs that I don't like. She may have sung it ok - but I still don't like her. She's on the cusp of her demise....right?? Please!?

Brooke - I think she did well. I think it was Brooke-typical. I think her time is nearing a close though. I'd say it wss a Happy Meal burger performance, and maybe Simon was looking for a Whopper?

Kristy Lee - I didn't get goosebumps. For the love of the baby Jesus, America - her time is up. Send her home!

DavidC - One of my least favourite Mariah songs (keeping in mind I don't like any), but, I loved it. Good job, fella... :) Pointer: stay outside of the box. That's where you're best.

Jason - I really enjoyed his performance. Maybe I should be on a luau somewhere, but just sayin'.

Bottom 3: KristyLee, Syesha & Carly

Saying adieu: Syesha. I hope.

No comments: