Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 July 2007

Pet Peeves -Numero Trois

Just when you thought the b!tchin was over......here's some more to provoke more thoughts:

- fake/phoniness - to the point of ad nauseam. I realize that by times, we all need to fake a little bit...it might be to satisfy the requirements of our job...it might be that we have to try to fake it so we believe it...but when every single word out of your mouth or motion to me is oozing in fake, it really makes me want to vomit. I'd rather you be rude than everything dripping in phoney.
- ME people. Yeah, I've added it to the first list, but it bothers me so, it needs to be reiterated again. I guess this also falls into the category of self-centeredness - both equally peeving. If I'm upset about my dog dying I don't really care that you cried at the ending of "Old Yeller". If I have a problem with a disc in my lower back I don't want to talk about the time you fell off your bike and sprained your ankle. If you want to empathize with me, fine, do it...don't put yourself into the middle of the conversation when you weren't there to begin with. ARRGH.
- people who interrupt me when I'm in the middle of saying something. I *hate* that. Years ago I did tech support for a piece of software. A lot of our customer-base was from the U.S., and one area was New York. They were the worst for that. WHY do you call a support line for assistance and NOT listen when the assistance is being attempted to be provided??
- traffic creepers - I see you. I failed to stop to let you out because I see you. Why must you keep pushing your nose through? If you hadn't done that I likely would have let you out. I'd have let you out to be considerate, seeing you sitting there, patiently. But, because you chose to stick out and keep pushing out slowly I will do my utmost to go past you and not let you out in front of me.
- radio stations who play "day" songs on the wrong day. WHY, why why play "Manic Monday" on a Wednesday - or any other day but Monday for that matter? That truly bugs me.

Too bad everyone in life can't be as perfect as me. Muahhhaaaahah.

No comments: