Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 July 2007

Has it really been almost a week since my last post? Guess I owe you a run down of the last almost week. Here's the quick and dirty:
- I was pretty much on par with my picks for who was going to leave Canadian Idol.
- the week went by pretty quickly, being on the lovely 8:00-4:30pm shift...very hard to come by. It was quite busy, however, but a little beer therapy every other night helped.
- I have a new desk at work. Now I have a window seat. It's going to be an adjustment, as I was used to being in my own little corner with no one around me so I find it loud, to say the least. It's kinda nice to be in on the action though.
- Saturday afternoon Chris & I enjoyed a lazy afternoon at Cafe Diem with a large large coffee, and a delightful panini sandwich. From there, we hid out underneath an awning while we had a heavy rain shower, then went onward toward the waterfront to try to catch the rainbow. We didn't find a rainbow, but we did see Anne of Green Gables, sea life, sand scupultures, and some pretty gardens before making our way back to the car to head home.
-Saturday night Lana & I visited Tracy - and her dog got sprayed by Peppy LePew...I never knew skunk smell before that evening...I thought I did,....but I really really didn't. My car still has a faint scent...and today, finally, the smell seems to be off of my purse. :S
- Bruce & Lana, Chris & myself enjoyed a lovely Sunday adventure, tourist-style, despite some very strange weather. We headed to Cabot Park in the POURING rain, to enter into bright sunlight just before the park. We saw the sand sculpting contest, ate a lovely picnic, and then left before another downpour. From there we found the Bunny Trails Pet Ranch (it was sunny again), had an ice cream in K-town at the Frosty Treat, and then topped the evening off by dining out for Chinese for supper (everyone else seemed to enjoy theirs, mine was gross), before ending the night to go home to watch Big Brother.
- Monday was rather uneventful
- Today I cleaned house BIG TIME as I've been neglecting it for the past few weeks. I was off today as I work Saturday, so cleaned, non-stop from about 2pm til about 8. I still have to dust in the bedroom and my craft room, but the kitchen, living room & bathroom are sparkling. Momma'd be proud (oh and about 6 loads of laundry done too).
- My predictions for this week's Idol's going bye-bye: Although I like them a lot, I fear it's time for Dwight and Brian to go. Tyler didn't impress me last night either, but he's had a few strong weeks previously. As for the women, I would *LOVE* to see Montana go home...the public/judges seem to like her. I hate it all...from the flick of her hair, to the look of her hair, to the sound of her poor attempts at speaking English to the utter cringe of her voice. So personally I'd say adios to her, if I could, but knowing, for some reason, others enjoy her, I think possibly Tara & Martha...because they're boring. We'll find out tomorrow.
- Now I'm about to say night night to enjoy Big Brother!
Lates!

No comments: