Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 July 2007

Melting.............

Apparently, it's 37 degrees Celcius out there, with the humidex. It's supposed to stay that way all week.

A/C....my sweet, sweet saviour.... where would I be this week without it? It's on these days where I look forward to the very second I reach the threshold to my work entrance. I hate humidity. I fear it hates me too. I fully believe it's the culprit to my nasty headaches and dizziness that seem to be the norm for about a month in the summer and mysteriously go away the rest of the year. And let's just face it, it's so NOT cool to have a shower, and then have to 'towel off' 10 minutes after you're dried off from said shower. And I do my utmost to exert myself very little and it doesn't seem to make any difference. And as for those who proport that drinking hot liquids helps you 'stay cool', I say to you, "BULL SH!T!"

Last night I felt disgusting so as predicted, remained on the couch all evening until retiring to the bed. I gave my bank card to Chris along with a long grocery list. I just couldn't bear to stand up that long and walk around a store. Watched Idol. It was pretty good. Of all the performances, I enjoyed Brian, Carly Rae, and Greg (Brian's the *most*). As for a prediction as to who goes home...Martha Joy. I don't like her to begin with, but last night's performance was just weak. She's proven she can't go beyond the pageant-y-Celine-Dion styles of songs, and the judges pretty much acknowledged that. And might I be catty for a brief second? While I think she's pretty when she smiles, she's ripe off the 'ol ugly tree when she sings. Those faces she makes...nasty.

I'm off to the "Wedding Crashers" Dinner Theatre tonight. Looking forward to a night out filled with good friends, good food, and lots of laughs!

No comments: