Search This Blog

Monday 30 July 2007

Too young to be this damn old

Oh. the. pain.

I again assume it's this drasted weather. I'm one giant ache. My left knee has now ballooned up to twice the size of the right knee. I can keep it straight, but God help me to try to bend it. Getting in the car is comical. The stairs are...slow. I guess it's arthritis...the humidity seems to bring it on. I remember the first year, yeaaarrrs ago when it flared up on me. I went to out- patients because my knee was swelled up so bad I couldn't walk. They put me in a full leg splint...it kept my leg immobile, then told me to see my family doctor, who then referred me to an orthopedic surgeon...telling me to keep the splint on. By the time I had my scope (exploratory surgery) scheduled, the muscle in my leg was jelly. They said they tested me for the 'bad kinds of arthritis', and they ruled out bone cancer, but other than that, they don't know what causes it. It flares up regularly - but I don't remember it hurting as bad as it does today in a loooong time. So, couple that with my sore back...and well... you've got an unhappy Amber. Boooo. If only this pain would bring my cleaning fairy back...perhaps the cleaning fairy still reads my blog and he or she will take pity on my aching self. (heh, would be typical that he/she would surface after the most of the house is clean anyway!)

P.S. I'm thinking it wasn't thunder I heard earlier...maybe it was a truck. Getting pretty dark out now though.....c'mon thunder!

No comments: