Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 July 2007

Dear God make it stop!

Well hi. I know I talked monkey a few times already in past posts, but it was an all out gorilla day...and had I really been a gorilla there'd be massive piles of gorilla poo around.

Anyway.

A little beer therapy this evening seems to have helped. I no longer feel as though my entire head is going to explode. However, the niceties of the beer therapy were a little waned by the depressive state of the laundry pile which could no longer wait. Where the eff is my cleaning fairy? I wish he or she would get off that hiatus. (PLEASE cleaning fairy...I'm BEGGING you).

In other news - I made it down to the waterfront on the weekend, and checked out Sandland. Really, really really neat. If you've not yet been, go. It's amazing what those guys did with a million pounds of sand!

The crowd at the waterfront was insane and it was still early afternoon. Lana & I walked around a bit and then went to "Just us Girls" for a drink. Of course as it was Sunday, we had to buy food in order to buy a 'drink' drink, so we split nachos in order to have our Mudslide. The wait was beyond what we should have waited for both the food, the drink, and the bill, but it was tasty and the drink was bang-on delish. Not sure if'n I'd return though, on account of the poor service. From there, we decided to go home. Lana had to get back home to go out later on with her hubby, and as it was only 6:30, I didn't really want to stick around til 10 to wait for the fireworks, so came back home, scrapped some more on my little project, and watched the highlights of the Concert for Diana on tv (incredible show). Alas, no fireworks for me, aside from the few that a neighbor fired off in the 'hood that, well, startled me a lot.

Monday, Chris & I headed into town for breakfast (well, brunch based on the fact that it was 1pm) - disappointed to see the sign up at Maggie's restricting their once all-day breakfast to morning hours, so settled on the over-priced Smittys. Chris enjoyed his...mine...meh...bacon was undercooked, hashbrowns were undercooked and the toast was burnt. Aaannnd, $30 later...:S...with $3.99 off from a coupon. Anyway. We then stopped at a corner store for bubble gum and had a bubble gum blowing contest (I won and here are some pics to that prove it) while we drove around town.





The drive ended up taking us down many a dirt road (yeehaw, that's when I love the Suburu), and we stopped for ice cream at the Frosty Treat before heading home. A very spur of the moment, FUN day!

And here we are back to the real world and trying to avoid days of monkeys.

P.S. The girls on Idol....whatya think?? The guys last night were sooo much better...but tonight...not so much. Bye bye Annika and Naomi Joy, or perhaps Scarlett. And personally, I'd be happy to say vamoose to Montana too. I royally dislike her. As for the boys? My picks to say adios are Clifton because he sucks, and Matt because he's not my style. Realistically I think Matt will pull through another week because he can sing - and possibly we'll see Andrew go, only because he was down at the bottom last week (thought he did really well this week), and they have to pick 2 to leave.

There's a container of Jiffy-Pop calling my name so I must go say hello. Ciao.

No comments: