Search This Blog

Thursday 26 July 2007

Wilting............

If one more person says to me how 'lovely' this weather is I'm going to trip them, and then kick them in the head. It's not lovely. It's sticky, muggy, ...disgusting. I think Boomer said the expected humidex to be 46 degrees Celcius before day's end? ... with a warning out to the elderly and people with breathing problems. Yeah, "lovely". Again, I thank my lucky stars that I work in an air-conditioned environment, drive an air-conditioned car, and have the freedom to choose to go to supper in an air-conditioned restaurant (now to only get myself air-conditioning for my house!). I believe I warned you in an earlier post that I'd be the first to complain about the heat. And I suppose if you don't like what you're reading, no one's making you read it anyway (sorry, the heat makes me b!tchy).

So the news is out; ol' Bob finally has a replacement. Drew Carey will carry on and keep the PiR alive...and I heard that he has also advised Bob that he has every intention of retaining Bob's plug to spay and neuter your pets. I wonder if that was built into the contract?

Speaking of pets...since it's been so hot these days I've been putting ice cubes in the water dishes for my kitties. It's just too bad Zoe thinks the cubes are toys... what a mess I had this morning. And another observance - on the way to work this morning the guy from Service Master asked me if I knew the dog he had outside with him... They were at the neighbor's house for the last few days cleaning up something. I didn't recognize the dog...he was on a chain leash and had gotten away. Poor thing. As I drove up the road I didn't see anyone scanning the area for a missing animal. And with the expected temps today, no animal should be left outside... likely the same 'brain giants' that own the aforementioned 'brain giant' children with the dead chipmunk. ARRGH!

No comments: