Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Grindin' my gears!

Happy Tuesday on a Wednesday (oooh how I love the short work week). I'm not going to comment on the day so far, as I don't wish to jinx it and end up with a day like yesterday.

I just felt compelled to post - I'll warn you, it's a 'complain-y' post. Herein I will list a few of my pet peeves, in no particular order:
- people who use the word 'wunt'. What the heck is that? Where did it come from, and why is it in the English language?
-"me people"; you know the type... you say something and the 'me people' have to follow everything up with something to make the conversation about them, even though it had absolutely nothing to do with them in the first place. Had I been prioritizing this list, this would have to be very close to the top.
- Tim Hortons' frequent changing up of their available food items. I hate this. Why not stick with something? I mean, I don't recall there ever NOT being a honey-dipped donut available. Why do you mess with me and take away the chocolate danish, and now, more recently (today! grrr), the banana nut muffin? I could see the strawberry tart thing, because there is a time and a season for strawberries. But I never see a banana shortage being announced. Nor a chocolate one for that matter. And further to that, the carrot muffin that replaced my banana nut one today sucked.
- failure to be given napkins in your drive-thru bag. Uh...HELLO...usually if someone goes thru the drive-thru that means they're in a hurry. It potentially means they're eating in the car en route to somewhere. It usually means they've ordered something messy, something greasy, that requires finger cleaning. Why leave us with nothing but our own devices? Or better yet...those that don't forget the nappie...but only give you ONE.
-lane makers; those impatient drivers who insist there is a right-turning lane when there really ISN'T. I have been very adept at ensuring that I'm over just enough that they can't get past me. I watch in the rearview mirror with glee at their frustration. I assume this gets me added to someone else's pet peeve list but at least I'm law-abiding. I've heard of too many accidents or near accidents where this has been the culprit.
- infrequent blog posters :) - maybe I'm alone in this, but those blogs that I have bookmarked I visit frequently....(ie, daily) checking for new posts to no avail. Please post more often. Sometimes I need an escape! (and as this remains a 'peeve' I am sooo trying to stay on top of my own blog!)
- people who chew food/gum on the phone - it's very easy to have a piece of gum in your mouth and not be obvious about it. Dental hygenists actually recommend it when you can't brush your teeth after a meal. However, if it's blantantly obvious that you're chewing it's just gross.
- bad customer service - maybe it's because I work in the customer service industry but I really dislike it when I'm not treated with mutual respect where I'm the customer. There's no need to be unpleasant - if you don't like your job, find a new one.

I could likely go on and on, but for now I'll close this to post, as my reading public needs a new post. We'll leave it an open-ended post that can be added to, or referred back to, at any given time.

Lates!

No comments: