Search This Blog

Friday 27 July 2007

I've got Friday on my mind...

Good day - another blistering hot day...from my window seat I'm still amazed at how some people are walking around in long-sleeve tops/pants...sweaters even...wtf?? Do they have a secret to staying cool that I should know about? One guy was in all black...(hoodie on), and had a big beard. And walking in the heat. I bet he'll be pretty hummy by the time he reaches the middle of town.

Last night to beat the heat, Chris & I went out for supper at Pizza Delight. I must say the food was delish, but the service was sub-standard. Kathie, our waitress, "greeted" us at the door, and when we asked for a booth she said, "well I have one but it's dirty", rather than something like, "sure do you mind if I take a second to clean one?". Perhaps she was having a bad day, or perhaps she minds this heat and humidity - but it was a nicely air-conditioned environment, and being a customer service establishment, it shouldn't have mattered -- even if she had to fake friendly, she should have greeted us with more enthusiasm and at least should have smiled. It reflected in her tip. We also were rebels and buttered our bread first before grilling (shh!). After supper, we then went to a beach in Rice Point. It was really windy -humid, sticky wind but it was cooler than the house, so we stayed until the sun went down, and then made it home to watch BB (Interesting turn of events...still wishing Kail wasn't there, but oh well).

Tomorrow, we plan to head to Summerside to catch the Tall Ships while they're here, and possibly pack a picnic lunch. When I get back into town I have to head over to Julie's for her stagette party. And Sunday, regardless of how much I sweat or swoon from my humidity-dizzies, I *have* to get some housecleaning/laundry done.

If anyone in my readership is concerned, my back is still killing me :( ...guess if it soon doesn't get any better I'll have to go to a clinic. I assumed it was the way I sat at the dinner theatre, but I would think it should be better by now. You should see me trying to get off the couch. Like a seal on a rock I'm sure. And I feel like crap...headache/dizzy...I figure it's either the humidity or the air-conditioning....can't win!

No comments: