Search This Blog

Friday 3 August 2007

Friday high

Sorry peeps - it's been a few days. My computer is still having 'issues', therefore I'm limited to when I can post, and my pictures are still going to be delayed until we get a new hard-drive for it. So yeah, boring posts with no pics. I'll go back though, when I do have my pics available, and add them, I promise.

I was off yesterday - work Saturday. I took the term day "off" very literally, too...and did as little as possible. I mean nothing, folks, short of making sure the kitties had water to drink and feeding myself, the rest of the time was spent between loafing on the couch and on the bed. I seem to have done something to my back. You may recall a few posts back I was complaining about it being sore - and I blamed sitting weird at the dinner theatre. Well! It's had an unusual pain ever since then, but it's been manageable - and a great excuse for not exercising. However, the other night I leaned down to wipe something off the coffee table and I felt this crunch in my lower back and the searing pain had me almost in tears. I grabbed some ice and struggled my way back to the couch and have been in agony ever since. By "agony" I mean extreme pain with every move, and whimper as I do move. It was to the point that at 2:30am Chris asked me if I wanted to go to out-patients. The thoughts of sitting in their hard waiting room chairs for 4 hrs didn't appeal to me, so I've been taking muscle relaxants each night at bedtime ever since.

I don't think I got enough sleep last night to allow said muscle relaxants to finish their business. My head feels as though I'm walking in a cloud. Is this what "high" feels like?

No comments: