Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Every day we learn something...

So yeah, as the post title describes, learning experiences abound in this thing we call "life". Tonight I learned that dryer sheets for a dark laundry load are very effective when one has 2 white cats. I've learned that not having said dryer sheets results in clean smelling clothes, but that's about it. :S I just wanted the damn pile completed. I also *needed* to do a load tonight. Why, you ask? Well, I had a bit of a mishap over dinner, and ended up wearing a large dollop of it...

After work, a friend/co-worker & I went to the Gate for supper. Upon her suggestion I, too, ordered the scallop bake entree. It's a creamy brandy (?) enhanced white sauce filled with scallops. It tasted yummy. Mid-sentence, no doubt, I missed my large mouth and *ooze* went the contents of my fork down the front of my outer-wear....very very close to where it could reach my inner-wear. I had been wearing my dark brown tank top with the crochet-lace on the top under a beige lace-trimmed top. The ooze of scallop-juice managed to land on both layers of top....grossly resembling a dribble of yak...and smelling of something similar, or worse-even. It also managed to get all caught up in the intricacies of my crocheted top.

I'm sure that even a handy-dandy Tide pen would have been questionable to aid in the situation..I did my best to dab/rub it off with my napkin...but in retrospect wish I had left for the ladies room to use some soap and water...I recall saying to Melissa,..."I still smell fish...our supper plates are gone and the restaurant is empty...why do I smell fish...Oh my God I hope it's not me....". A quick stop to the little girls room confirmed my suspicions....as I finished my business my top moved up a tad as my clothes got shifted and the stench I had been smelling prior emanated through the tiny toilet cubicle. I nearly gagged....... We left the restaurant, I cranked the a/c in the car and got Melissa back to her car, pronto...opting for a raincheck on the earlier idea of visiting Shoppers to instead go home to rid my body of the soiled garments.

The hot sun beating in through the car window seemed to make the smell worse. I fear that, although tasty, I will not be able to enjoy that dish again. Ever. I got home and had extra lovins from the cats......stripped clean of all affected garments...shuddered...and loaded up the washer. The pretty beige lace-trimmed top of course is hand-wash only so it's now soaking.

As the stench was the foulest of foul I thought that I'd smell the 'area' once the tank was finished it's routine wash cycle. I use Gain so recall the looks on the faces of those using the product on the many commercials. Pan back to the image you may have had of me in the cubicle as I realized the stench WAS me. Yup, the stink was still there...it was less fishy-- more reminiscent now of baby yak or soured milk.

FAAAAAAAAAAAK.

The laundry was now done...aside from a burgundy throw...I decided to put them together (cheapie that I am having to make the load 'count'). 2nd wash cycle now complete...sniff test approved...finally the tank now smells of Gain. But now it's COMPLETELY covered in burgundy lint. Damnit I forgot about that... and no dryer sheets...and well, I usually don't dry that top anyway.

*leaving pc to find duct tape*

Hopefully when the top dries fully the duct tape might do the trick.

No comments: