Search This Blog

Monday 6 August 2007

the weekends pass so quickly and the weekdays come so fast....

Good morning - Happy Monday - hope you all managed to survive the storms over the weekend.

Mother Nature, thank you for finally giving us a reprieve from the horrendous humidity. It was an absolute pleasure to wake up through the night with a chill on my shoulder, and having to snuggle further down, under the covers. My knee is finally feeling a little better, too...some of the swelling is down. It's not totally normal, but if you could have seen it on Saturday, you'd understand. My back is still bothering me, but the knee and jaw feel a lot better.

My best friend Julie is coming home for a visit! I'm so excited!! She gets here on Wednesday from Whitehorse. I cannot wait to see her, and get caught up on her busy life. It's just not the same around here without you, Jules!

Weekend update:
- After work on Saturday, Chris and I headed out at about 6:45pm, box of Triscuits in hand (we hadn't had supper yet), to go storm chasin'!! The thunder & lightning was wicked. Even in daylight! We ended up in Morell, then back towards town, stopping in Brackley. From the beach, there was no thunder, but there were two storms on either side of us that put on quite a light show. I tried to get a few pictures, but my point & shoot cami just didn't cut it. Chris managed to get a few though. When I finally am back up internet-wise & have access to pictures, I might steal one of his pics to post. By the time we headed back to town from storm chasin, it was going on 11:30pm...we were tired, starving, and my back was killing me. We stopped for some cheeseburgers and then straight to bed.
- Sunday was the epitome of a lazy Sunday...sleeping in, late 'brunch' of bacon & eggs (mmm bacon), afternoon nap, late supper, BB and then bed. (also did the laundry, too, which is all over the living room).

That brings us back to another Monday. I got an email from a friend asking if I'd be interested in scrapbooking on Tuesday night, so hopefully that will be a go. It seems like forever since I did anything. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I might do up a page for the gift...haven't decided. I have another gift in the closet I could wrap up, so it depends how inspired I feel.

Ciao for now!!

No comments: