Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 August 2007

Hump Day

I'm sure my avid readers are waiting with bated breath for me to post about last night's BB. I'm so extremely ready to see Wamber go home...but I do understand Daniele's positioning on what she did to make their deal. I would have preferred to have Wamber or Jameka leave this week, but it won't be a sad day to see Jen leave, either. I look forward to Thursday's show. Since I'm on the topic of TV, I'll just say that my pick to win CI is Brian. He is by far the winner, in my eyes, but I wouldn't be sad if he got 2nd place to Carly Rae. Anyone else winning would mean Canada got it all wrong - and I'll leave it at that.

There was a beautiful sunrise this morning - did anyone catch it? I took pictures. I have no idea when I'll ever get the chance to post them...still waiting on that. (update: picture finally added!) I'm in no position to buy a brand-new computer, but man it was tempting when we were at Staples on the weekend. My credit card would never recover. I guess I'll keep biding time on the 'spare' one at home. Did I happen to mention that it runs Linux? For what I use it for, it's not that big of a transition...but my pictures...oh how I miss my pictures :(.

I'll leave you with something that 'makes you go hmmmmm':

Exiled emperor Napoleon Bonaparte died on May 5, 1821. The following day, doctors conducted an autopsy, which was reportedly witnessed by many people, including a priest named Ange Vignali.
Though the body was said to be largely intact at the time of the undertaking, it seems the priest took home a souvenir. In 1916, Vignali's heirs sold a collection of Napoleonic artifacts, including what they claim to be the emperor's penis.
While no one knows for sure if it really is Napoleon's, uh, manhood, people have paid good money for the penis. Currently, it's in the possession of an American urologist.


Full article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/08/21/mf.missing.famous/index.html?imw=Y&iref=mpstoryemail

No comments: