Search This Blog

Friday 31 July 2009

"I have no expenses. I own 40 pairs of underwear, a car and a suitcase."

I've always wanted to visit NYC ... the lights...the action...the potential to see 'famous people'...Central Park...possibly a broadway show...Letterman...Ground Zero...oh, and the Naked Cowboy, of course. Well, I've never yet been, and the jury's out on whether I ever will. I suppose if it ever does come to fruition I may have to scratch one of the "must-sees" off my list:

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Naked Cowboy might be considered a quirky asset to New York City's tourism industry. Now the Times Square traffic-stopper says he'd make a mighty fine mayor.

Robert Burck made his candidacy official Wednesday. He aims to give the buttoned-up, third-term hopeful, billionaire Michael Bloomberg, a run for his money.

Burck says: "Being naked is a whole lot more than having no clothes on: It's about transparency in politics, it's about telling the naked truth."

When not going political, Burck does a brisk business posing for pictures with tourists. His standard fashion statement is a cowboy hat, boots and white briefs. Oh, and a guitar strapped to his bare chest.

As for campaign funds, he says: "I have no expenses. I own 40 pairs of underwear, a car and a suitcase."

1 comment:

Lana said...

Will he then be "the naked mayor"? Interesting....