Search This Blog

Sunday 19 July 2009

R&R

It was a pretty relaxing weekend. Chris came home Friday, and Friday night, he treated me to supper at Mosaic. We both had the seafood bubbly bake. It was pretty good. Thereafter, we went to Everything Cool for ice cream (the bubbly was actually pretty small!), and then back home to head to bed early. We were both pretty wiped. I worked all day, and worked again Saturday morning. He'd been up since his 3am wake up call to head to the airport. We played a few games of Super Mario before bed. Oh yes, by the way, I'm now addicted (again) to this game. It'd been 25 years since I'd played it, and it was just like riding a bike :). And, I'm still as intense when I play. And, I may curse a little bit.

Saturday we grabbed a few groceries, made a late supper (bbq'd salmon...yum!), watched Cops (Chris is obsessed), and played more Mario....and that brings us to today. We started our day with a sleep in, and a delicious brunch of pancakes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream...even a side of bacon. I kinda wish we'd gotten up earlier though, because it wasn't long after eating that Chris had to pack again. He left at about 3:00 to head onward to Truro. He's spending a few days at his grandparents and he's back to Halifax to continue his photo gig with the Graphic Communications group. For another week, I'll be living in the splendor that is a clean house. Truth be told, though, I had to go into the house as he was driving off instead of waving him away from the deck because I was crying that he was leaving me again.

A few loads of laundry, a pedi, and Big Brother later, I sit in my clean house with the fan blowing in on me on a warm, summer night. Hoping you all had a great weekend, folks.

No comments: