Search This Blog

Thursday 16 July 2009

The distance between two points...

I've lived in a clean house all week. I get up in the morning, the house is just as I've left it. There's order, there's organization, there's neatness ... and nary a dirty sock to be found. Chris has been on a location shoot in Newfoundland for the Graphic Communication group. He flies back tomorrow morning, and I suspect to walk into his "trail" upon returning home from work tomorrow. Despite the heavenly cleanliness that surrounds me, I have to admit that I do miss him.

He is pretty far:
So we've been using Skype to talk each night before bed. It's a free communication tool, allowing you to 'call' someone virtually anywhere. There can be feedback and choppiness, especially if the network being used by one or the other is really busy. Both parties using headphones helps to cut down on the distortion, however, and when the connection is good, it's possible to even video conference with the caller:

Of course that's one-sided with Chris and I since I don't have a webcam. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, after all. See you tomorrow hunny :)

No comments: