Search This Blog

Thursday 2 July 2009

No birthday party is complete without a few pics

Yesterday was festive, indeed. Chris is the event photographer for the Festival of Lights again this year, so he disappeared in the morning to go downtown to do his thing. It looked fairly overcast and there was potential for rain, so initially, my plan for the day was to stay home, do laundry, loaf and watch an over-abundance of the Animal Planet (now in free preview on the satellite. Chris won't let me buy the channel since I get too emotional when I watch it). However, I received a rather frantic text from Chris with regard to his pants creeping down because he'd forgotten his belt. So, I decided instead of being a stick in the mud, I should really get dressed in my red & white and get my arse out to celebrate this wonderful country that I live in.

My first stop was the waterfront, where I dropped off a belt and sunglasses to Chris. I also visited the animals.

I think these may be the same pigs as last year - they look to be the same colour & are bigger than last year. They were camera shy.
A flock 'o geese! Do all birds travel in 'v' formations?
And this would have to be the strangest looking duck I ever did see! Not sure if there was something wrong with him, or if he was a cross-breed...but...
The donkey was pretty cute :)
After the petting zoo I made it over to the stage area to catch Meaghan Blanchard performing. She had Tian (of Tim Chaisson's Morning Fold) at her side, and they both sounded terrific!
A final pic before saying good-bye to the waterfront, and Chris.

After the waterfront I then headed over to Lana & Bruce's, who were kind enough to invite me along to their family Canada Day barbeque. Thanks guys!! :) It was deeee-licious! Prior to supper we had story time with Lana, Dr. Seuss and Ella, Bruce & Lana's gorgeous granddaughter. She's a natural in front of the camera, isn't she?
After bbq burgers, sausages, mixed veggies, coleslaw, and a honkin piece of coconut cream pie we then headed over to Fort Amherst to watch the fireworks. It was windy and freaking cold! Here's me and Susan, Lana's momma.
The obligatory self-portrait of Lanners and myself.
Susan, moi & Lana.
I love this one - Lana's handsome hubby, Bruce. It's so festive with the Canada flag and kids 'n sparklers in the background. This is Bruce's "bedroom eyes", he says. :)
Mason and Aiden - Lana's cousins. No Canada Day is complete without a few sparklers to light.
Lana's dad, Jarvis felt left out of the photos, so we had to take one with him peeking in as well. Isn't he so cute?
Lana and Bruce - take 3 and finally a 'normal' face from Bruce. Awwww...they're so cozy!
And finally the fireworks begin. Fireworks are really hard to capture. My camera even has a "fireworks" setting, but they still turned out like ass. Ah well...here's a few that almost look like fireworks:


A great time was had by all. The housework, and the Animal Planet are there for another day.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Thanks for posting the pics!! They turned out really well!!