Search This Blog

Sunday 5 July 2009

Saturday night

I can still remember the audition night on American Idol when this handsome young man stood in front of Simon, Paula & Randy to perform "The Letter". I knew then that he would go places, and I wasn't mistaken. At the time, I felt that he was robbed when he got booted, but as it turns out, that was probably the best thing for him. He didn't get crowned the AI winner so he didn't have to live up to the "AI puppet" status, and he then could live up to his true rock band potential.

I was thrilled when I found out that Daughtry would be one of the headliner bands for the FoL. There are only a few bands I'd stand out in the rain for --one of course being my Bon Bon, but I do have to admit that I've had a pretty serious crush on Mr. Daughtry - and have been known to say that I'd stand out in the rain for him, as well.

I almost had to live up to my word. Frig it rained last night!! At least 3 thunder bumpers came through Ch'town ... with them torrential downpours again. Again, I was delighted to have the shelter of the beer tent and watched those sorry buggers standing out in the rain in their general admission area. Paper Lions opened the night, followed by Vancouver's Mariana's Trench, and kudos to both for putting on a great show, despite the rain. I was really impressed with Mariana's Trench...they really know how to cater toward the audience. I wish it hadn't been raining or I would have gotten a little closer to the stage. They're good and all, but unfortunately, Mariana's Trench are not a band I'd actually stand out in the rain for :).

It stayed overcast, but the rain finally stopped just 15 mins before Daughtry was scheduled to hit the stage, so I made my way toward the front. The guys put on a great performance, singing some of my favorites from their first album, and a few from the new, (which I can't wait to get my hands on). They also do a cover of Poker Face (yep, the Lady Gaga song) that is just too cool! I felt pretty bad for Chris though at one point...hearing the crowd behind me chastise him for his little faux-pas... In between songs he asked how we were all doing, and was greeted with screaming ladies...and then said he 'loved being in Nova Scotia'. *sigh*. The first time was forgivable...seeing that there was a sign toward the front exclaiming "Nova Scotia loves you". The second time though? He redeemed himself thereafter, even mentioning how good the lobster was...and put on a killer show. I'm very glad to have been able to witness it, faux pas, and all :).

Still riding my concert high, I had the Daughtry CD cranked in the car on the drive home. A perfect end to a great night of music. The only thing I didn't anticipate was playing bumper cars on the drive home.

---

---

---

Luckily it was very minor...but scary just the same. I had been stopped at the red light going toward the bypass, behind a few cars. The light turned green, the cars started to go through...but then a cop car with lights on to go through their red light interrupted our flow of traffic. Problem was, I saw them slightly too late, and try as I did, I just didn't get stopped in time and landed bumper to bumper with the car ahead. F-word! I felt like the biggest monster in the world when the young couple and their son got out of the car...the son's eyes red from crying. I felt bad enough for hitting them... but it broke my heart that I had scared their son. I feel sick just recounting the events. It could have been a lot worse. Nobody was hurt. Their car didn't appear to sustain any damage at all, and my own bumper has only a few small dents. It SUCKED just the same.

1 comment:

Lana said...

That must have been really scary! I'm glad that everyone is ok and I hope neither car sustained too much damage.