Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Almost over the hump...

Again this morning I woke in a fuzzy state of unconsciousness...questioning, once more, "what day is it?"...my subconscious sure that it was Thursday. Not the case. *sigh*. On a more positive note, the sun finally returned yesterday (I believe the last full day of sun we had was Jun 17?). We had our weekly work meeting outside, to enjoy it's return. Yay! Thereafter, I left for my lunchbreak - grabbed a smoothie and a wrap and ventured to a nearby park to enjoy it, all the while continuing to soak up some much craved vitamin D. Now, if it would only stay with us for the weekend...*fingers crossed*.

Julie and fam arrive at some point today for their summer vacation from Whitehorse - and that makes me very excited!! I can't wait to see them. I'm sure the girls grew a couple of feet and look like little ladies. It's always tough for her to find the time to see everyone - but I do hope to see as much of her as I can. In the works we have a Bon Jovi party and a salsa making party. Julie was pretty bummed to learn of the Lonestar closure, as well as missing the Bon Bon concert. I'm all for anything Bon Bon related...and, Erin has landed her hands on the recipe for the famous Lonestar salsa, so we plan on making a few lots of that at some point in the coming weeks. Perhaps we'll be cutting up tomatoes whilst Bon Bon blares from the stereo?

Chris is getting ready for a roadtrip of sorts - he's embarking on a photo shoot for a graphic design company, taking him all across Atlantic Canada - including Newfoundland. He's super stoked about it - and I'm super jealous. I'm very proud of him for landing this little venture - may it be the first of many to come. To prep, he made a visit to his favorite camera store last weekend, and bought some supplies. He's now testing them out and his eyes are lit up like Christmas trees :).

In other news....BB starts tomorrow night!!!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_brother/

1 comment:

KellyAnne said...

Chris should come to Halifax & check out the new camera store in Bayers Lake "Henrys".... lots of really nice stuff in there.