Search This Blog

Thursday 23 July 2009

Totally random

Last night at about 10:30pm I could've sworn there was a big thunder storm coming toward us. I was mistaken. In reality, it was a motorcade rumbling through, stopping at the neighbors across the road. I have a lot of friends that drive bikes, and if I'm being honest, I enjoy the rumble and someday hope to hop on one myself. However, driving through a neighborhood at 10:30 (10 to 11 when they rumbled by to leave the 'hood)...? Not my idea of respect for your fellow man...(then again, we are talking about the 'hood though, aren't we?).

Anyway. Chris finally gets home tonight - and I think that's it for the travelling (for this gig anyway). While I have thoroughly enjoyed living in a peaceful, clean house all this time, I do admit to catching a bit of the lonelies and will be glad to see him home. I'm working on my inner embracement for the upcoming sock & drawer trail, too.

I've kept myself busy, truth be told...

Monday night the house was like an oven. Lana called to see if I wanted to go for an ice cream to cool off. At first I was hesitant...as I was waiting for a supper date. My friend Alan, visiting the Island had stopped into my work to see me. I couldn't get away to see him, so he advised the girl who greeted him to tell me that he'd be back at 4:30 and was taking me to supper. I waited at work for him until 5 before leaving, figuring he must be on Ontario time, and going home would allow me the option of changing and freshening up, so I wasn't overly annoyed. Lana called at 6:30...and there was still no sign of him, so I grabbed a snack at home, and then joined her at a local dairy bar for a delicious peanut butter cup flurry. Nobody stands me up! He called as I was about half through the ice cream treat. He ended up coming to the dairy bar himself and we had a little visit there. He always was a bit of a flake! :P

Tuesday night myself, Erin and Julie J took a walk on the boardwalk and then we came back to my place to catch up on each others' lives and share any known gossip. It was so much fun. How much I've missed time spent with my besties :). I hope to take advantage of as much time as possible to spend with Julie. While the girls were over, they opened my eyes to the reality that is my hairy eyebrows. Never before have I given them so much scrutiny ... I mean I haven't neglected them completely. I've taken the tweezers to them and taken care of my unibrow and a few stray hairs here and there, and never thought much more of it. Upon closer examination, however - by Jebus, I do have monster brows.... and an appointment today with an esthetician to get them cleaned up, pronto! Why didn't anyone say anything before now??!

Wednesday night I joined Lana, Lori & Tracy for supper at the Pilot House. A long-overdue gathering, for sure. They are some of my oldest, dearest friends - and we must make an effort to do things together more often. I do request perhaps a locale without the need of in-town-on-street-parking however...and that will ensure a much happier, less cranky Amber to dine with.

Friday night, Rosanne is hosting a girls night at her place, and then Saturday me and the work girlies are getting together for a night of eats and drinks at the cottage. It's gonna be a busy weekend!

In other news.......the car still stinks. I've added one of those little puck deodorizer things that are supposed to suck up all the stinks. It now smells like a public bathroom. *sigh* Anyone wanna do a lease take-over on a slightly driven 07 VW Golf? Preference given to those individuals not having an overly sensitive sense of smell.

No comments: