Search This Blog

Thursday 25 June 2009

Rest in peace..........


First Ed McMahon. I was saddened. I remembered many nights staying up late to watch the Tonight Show and how cool it felt to be up during "adult" hours. I remember the many times I'd see Ed bring delight to the faces of unsuspecting winners of Publishers Clearing House. He had a long, happy life, and I wish his family peace. Loss, at any age, is never easy.

Then Farrah Fawcett. I watched Charlie's Angels all the time. I envied how she got her hair to feather that way, and wished mine would do the same. How sad the last few years her life have been. How much pain she must have endured trying to battle her cancer- even undergoing experimental treatments just to try to find some kind of relief. She left this world with grace - and the sad good-bye that she wrote for her son, Redmond, brought tears to my eyes. She's out of pain now...

And now.... Michael Jackson?! The most shocking of all... MJ was my idol in the 8o's. His pictures littered my bedroom walls. The neighborhood kids and I used to act out "Thriller" on the street where we lived. I have to admit, his later years dulled the shine a bit (a LOT), but his death is a tragic loss, nonetheless.

Waiting in the heels....poor Patrick Swayze, who just discovered his cancer has now spread to his liver...

So sad.

Life is so precious and can be taken away so quickly.......

No comments: