Search This Blog

Sunday 14 June 2009

And the haze clears from your eyes on a Sunday...

The scent of maple syrup is still in the air from this morning's blueberry pancake breakfast. The windows are open, and I can hear the breeze rustling through the windows. People are doing yard work as I can hear a few mowers in the distance, and there are kids outside, playing. It's another beautiful Sunday. We had a nice afternoon yesterday as well, and I did get to sit out to soak up some of it, and I will eventually get out there today as well. I know I voiced simple acceptance and a shrug-it-off kinda attitude when writing about the weather that was my vacation week last week - but, I have to admit being a little pissed with the upcoming week's forecast. It's like the sunshine is mocking me. I give Mother Nature a serious middle finger.

So Friday night after the Stampin' club finale I came home to watch the end of the hockey game. It was a thrilling third period, and the final save of the night - within the final 3 seconds of the game - clinched a win for the Penguins. Their goalie cemented the hoisting of the coveted cup, but I do have to admit to cheering for the 'other guys'. Growing up with an older brother, I basically cheered for the team he cheered for. Plus Stevie Y is so.damn.fine. I do, however, recall having a like relationship with the Pens, too....thinking their logo was quite cute. (I still have an affection for penguins). Nan gave me a tiny little tupperwear pill case. It was flat, round and blue, and had a flower pattern on the front. Somewhere I found, or Fred had given me, a tiny little Pittsburg Penguin logo sticker which I stuck to the bottom of the pill box. The sticker is still on the bottom - wherever the pill box might be...

Saturday started overcast and kinda yucky - like the rest of the preceding week, so we took advantage of the dark, sun-less room and slept in. In the afternoon, Chris' parents came for a visit. Chris and Charlie had a great time playing Wii golf, and Rose & I discussed paint colors. One of these days I hope to rid this home of the blue and the yellow...and Rose wasn't on board with my thoughts for the bathroom color. I have a blue countertop...at present time I have blue walls and blue accessories (Tanya likely wonders how that curtain is still hanging)...and I was thinking of going with a dark beige, taupey wall color and brown accessories? After discussing colors I'm now perhaps leaning toward a terracotta/iced tea color. Originally I had thought of that for the kitchen, but in retrospect, fear it's too dark for the kitchen area with the dark color in the living room? Heck I dunno....thoughts? Replacing the countertop, though something I'd love to do, is not an option. Perhaps I just oughta tone down on the TLC?

No comments: